2015 Operation Christmas Child
This Christmas there will be millions of children across the globe who will not receive a gift. Operation Christmas Child is working to end this. By donating a shoebox filled with fun and useful items, you will be sending hope and love to a child who is living in a heart-breaking situation. Kids not only receive the shoebox but they are also invited to attend classes where they start learning about how much God loves them. They spread this message to their family and friends and lives start to change. All because of a shoebox.
What is Operation Christmas Child?
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) partners with churches to reach boys and girls who wouldn't normally get gifts and show them God's love. You pack a shoebox-sized box with gifts. The boxes are sent to children in need to show them God loves them.
How to Pack Your Shoebox:
- The Box: Use a cardboard shoebox (average size), get an OCC shoebox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or use a plastic shoebox. Stick an OCC gender and age label on the box and include the $7 donation for shipping costs. Details HERE.
- Fill with Gifts: • Start with a "wow" gift: a doll, stuffed animal, ball with a pump, etc.
- Small fun toys: cars, jump ropes, puzzles, yo-yos, balls.
- •No-liquid hygiene items: toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap, hair brush/comb, washcloths, hair bows, socks.
- •School supplies: pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books.
3. Pray: Pray for the child who will receive your box.
Group Options (Kid-Friendly!) for Packing Shoeboxes:
- Option #1: Each group member shops for items to fill one box, brings those items to the group's packing event to pack and decorate your individual box during this event.
- Option #2: Each group member shops for a specific item that will go into each box (Ex: One person shops for all the "wow" gifts, another gets all the toothbrushes, another all the school supplies). Bring the assigned items to the group packing event and pack boxes together.
Bring your Packed Boxes to The Ridge!
Monday, November 16: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday, November 17: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday, November 18: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday, November 19: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday, November 20: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, November 21: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Sunday, November 22: 830 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Monday, November 23: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.